By: Prof. Alemayehu G/Mariam
The Thugplomacy of the TPLF
I have often contended that the ruling regime in Ethiopia controlled by the Tigrean Liberation Front (TPLF) is a thugtatorship, the highest stage of African dictatorship. If democracy is government of the people, by the people and for the people, a thugocracy is a government of thugs, for thugs, by thugs.
My concern in this commentary is not the domestic policy but the international diplomacy of the TPLF thugocracy? I am minting the terms “thugplomacy” and “thugplomat” to describe the recent outrageous criminal conduct of an accredited gun-toting diplomatic TPLF representative who fired several shots in an attempt to murder Ethiopian protesters on the chancery grounds.
- New book is releases
- An Ethiopian Embassy Employee Fired on peaceful protesters
- SELASSIE STAND UP CALL FOR ACTION
- Shame On Me For Being Proud of President Obama!
- President Obama Meets with the Prime Minister of Ethiopia
- PERSPECTIVES OF ETHIOPIA’S FUTURE - Imru Zelleke
- Prevail by Jeff Pearce
- Man of the year - Andargachew Tsige
- ESAT Fund Raising Nashville Dr. Seid Hassan